Claim Notification & Conditions of cover
Claims are to be submitted online and we do not provide claim forms
All claims are submitted via https://www.hollardti.com/Claim
For further assitance required , please contact Hollard call center on 0861 455 738 or email email@example.com
1. You must declare all pre-existing conditions to us before you purchase the policy
2. Medical: A medical claim in excess of R10,000 is payable only if we approved the cost (prior to incurring the cost)
3. Reimbursement of expenses: You must notify us within 30 days and provide receipts
4. Checked-in baggage: Report the loss/damage to the carrier BEFORE you leae the baggage area
5. Personal baggage not checked-in: You must provide written proof rom the police that the incident was reported within 24 hours of the loss
6. Damage: You may not abandon any property until the claim has been approved by us
7. You shall submit to a medical examination at Your expense, should we so require
8. Delay and missed connection: Obtain a report from the arrier/cruise ship confirming reason,length of delay and compensation paid
9. We are not liable for any claim after 365 days from the date of loss
10. Cancellation/Curtailment: You must cancel with the provider immediately
11. Claims relating to illness: Require 6 months medical history (prior to date of loss)
12. Don't check valuables/money into your baggage. Lock in a safe when not on your person
13. Illness/injury: Obtain letter from the doctor providing a diagnosis, and date of 1st treatment
Claim Time Limits you must adhere to
a) You MUST contact Us before incurring expenses in excess of R10,000. If You are physically prevented from contacting Us immediately, You or someone designated by You must contact Us within 24 hours. If You don’t contact us for authorisation, We may provide no cover or reduce the amount We pay.
b) Notice of death must be given immediately to Us.
c) Baggage loss/damage caused by the Carrier: You must report the loss immediately to the relevant Carrier, before leaving the baggage area.
2. 24 Hours:
a) You must purchase Your policy within 24 hours of the date of Your initial deposit for Your Trip to qualify for the Cancel for Any Reason benefit.
3. 48 Hours:
a) Inform the police immediately, but not later than 48 hours after theft/mugging/event, and take all reasonable steps to recover any stolen property.
b) Pre-existing cover is valid for expenses incurred where You are hospitalised for more than 48 hours.
c) You must cancel Your Trip 48 hours or more before Your scheduled Trip departure date to qualify for Cancel for Any Reason benefit.
4. 30 Days:
Send Us the following within 30 days:
- Completed claim form
- Details of any other policy covering the claim
- Any other documentation We think is necessary to handle the claim (such as death certificates, receipts, medical reports, invoices or a police report).
5. 90 Days:
If We formally reject Your claim, You have 90 days to appeal this decision with Us.
6. 180 days:
If We maintain our rejection, You have a further 180 days to start any legal action against Us.
7. 365 days:
- Your claim will no longer be valid after 365 days, unless You have started legal action against Us, or the claim concerns Your legal liability towards a third party.
If You go beyond any of these time limits, Your right to payment of the claim will lapse.
What to do if your claim is rejected
If We reject or dispute Your claim, You have the right to appeal the decision. Send your complaint in writing to:
The Hollard Insurance Company Limited
PO Box 87419
Hollard Select Brokers and Underwriting Managers
PO Box 87419
Tel: 011 351 5000
Fax: 011 351 8012
You may also contact the Ombudsman, an independent body that investigates insurance complaints from consumers:
Ombudsman for Short-Term Insurance
PO Box 32334
Tel: 0860 662 837
Fax: 011 726 5501